Speech coach Sandra Zimmer suggests following these steps to create a rich, resonant voice:
- Drop your jaw and stretch your face muscles forward creating a "fish face"
- Make long "HO" sounds (rhymes with "dough")
- Feel the vibrations buzzing on the roof of your mouth and filling the front of your facial bones
- Get used to the feeling of your mouth and face filled with vibration
- Speak a sentence that has lots of long “O” sounds (e.g., “Those old boats don’t float.” Or “Hold open those doors.”) and feel the strong vibratory sensation
Professional Speech Coach
Free speaking tips at: http://speakingquicktips.blogspot.com