Presentation professor Andrew Abela suggests you create a 5 part "memo" become clear about what you will recommend in your board room presentation:
- Idea - What do you want the audience to do?
- Background - What does everyone in the audience agree is the problem/situation?
- Workings - your proposal details
- Benefits - Why should they do this? (e.g., fits with company strategy, proven in the market, profitable/cost-effective, etc.)
- Next - What next steps need to be taken?
Professional Speech Coach
Free speaking tips at: http://speakingquicktips.blogspot.com