Comedian Judy Carter has a seven step method to help you find your speech:
- Take 30 minutes to write down major personal moments of your life
- After the 30 minutes are up, mark the moments which were "Successful" with an "S"
- Next to each "Success"moment write down your lowest point (e.g., if talking your point is about a successful marriage your lowest point might be when your friends told you you would never find anyone who would want to marry you)
- For each point, summarize how you got from your lowest point to your final success
- Look for a "larger journey" in these points - something all these points have in common that fits into a larger story, some sort of "life long struggle"
- Write in detail about how you got from a lowest point to your final success
- Write out a lesson you learned from this experience of finding your success
Looking for the message,
Professional Speech Coach
Free speaking tips at: http://speakingquicktips.blogspot.com